Does your child have trouble sitting still? Are you searching for “something” to hold their focus while they are sitting?
If YES, a sensory seat cushion is a solution to keeping a child focused in addition to moderating their squirms.
Most importantly, it helps those with sensory challenges to improve concentration, mood, and coordination.
Throughout this post we will breakdown everything you need to know about a highly rated seat called “My Magical Cushion” to help those stay still and attentive.
Let’s dive in.
Product: My Magical Cushion
Brand: Fun and Function
Age: Supports a child 3 years and up with or without sensory issues
Overall Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Before we explore the important features, here is a quick snapshot of what makes this sensory seat a top rated choice for kids among parents and therapists:
- Keep wiggles in check
- Provides an outlet for movement
- Encourages coordination and balance
- Easy to travel with
- Use as a therapy tool
How to Use and Benefits
Right when your child takes their first “sit down” on the squishy seat, it will stimulate sensory awareness.
With its dual textured surface being smooth on one side and spiky tactile bumps on the other, it creates a soothing or stimulating experience.
This will benefit kids who are sensory seeking (or not) because it helps to …
- Calm or stimulate sensory awareness
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves balance and coordination
- Helps with focus and mood
- A tool to release tension
- Provides an outlet for movement
- Minimizes the wiggles
You can also use the seat in many environments …
- Movie Theater
It also makes a great booster seat for when your kiddo is eating at the kitchen table or doing schoolwork.
As you can see there are many places you can use the sensory cushion.
Keep your mind open on where and how you can use the seat for your child because the possibilities are endless.
Ideas for Use
The secure non-slip grip and bumpy traction will safely allow your kiddo to use the seat in many ways.
You can adjust the height of the cushion by inflating or deflating it for your desired firmness or wobbliness.
For instance, do you need the seat more firm to boost your child up at the table when eating?
Or would you prefer less air in it to make it a fun wobbly activity while sitting on the floor?
The seat can also be used for exercise and other activities:
- Sit to improve coordination
- Sit to strengthen stomach and back muscles
- Use as a footrest
- Use at school to encourage movement without disrupting peers during circle time or lunchtime
- Use it as a therapy tool by standing on it to improve balancing skills
Check out this short 1 minute video for a visual snapshot of the ways to use the sensory cushion.
We just covered a quick recap of what makes this cushion an approved sensory tool among parents and therapists under “Product Overview”.
Now let’s explore the additional features:
- Diameter 12 inches
- Inflates 5 inches high
- Super lightweight (weight 2.3 pounds)
- Holds up to 400 pounds
- Made of tough chemically resistant material, polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Easily wipe down to sanitize or surface wash (then air dry)
- Portable for easy travel
What Reviewers are Sharing (the Good and Bad) …
Overall, the ratings and reviews were positive among the users. The negative feedback given was minimal.
Let’s break down the common feedback shared and look at the good versus the not so good …
- Challenges body awareness
- Great for balancing, posture, and strengthening core muscles
- A great sensory outlet to keep a child’s movements under control
- Multi-functional (use as a booster seat or engaging sensory toy for your child to crawl on or play with)
- One size
- Some children prefer to use the cushion as a sensory toy rather than sitting in it still
- You will need to inflate the sensory seat cushion with a “hand needle air pump” (which is not included)
In a nutshell, the sensory seat cushion is a FUN and budget friendly sensory seat kids enjoy.
It’s therapist approved and parent approved because of the numerous benefits and features it provides:
- Improves posture, balance, and coordination
- Engaging sensory tool
- Multi-functional use
- Easy to take with you on-the-go
- Simple to disinfect
If you need a simple solution to calming or stimulating your child when sitting, this seat is definitely worth it.
I hope this post inspired your research efforts in learning more about the “My Magical Cushion” and deciding if it is the right choice for you and your sweet pea.
If there are other sensory cushions you would recommend, a review you would like to share, questions you may have, or anything you’d like to add that I did not cover in this post, please feel free to comment below.
If you found value in this post, please share the love to help another child by clicking the sidebar link. 🙂
I really do strive to make the content I create as helpful as possible for you…as a fellow parent looking out for their most precious gift.
Thank you for stopping by today!
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I truly believe in based upon in-depth research, reviews, and/or personal experience. Thank you for your incredible support and allowing me the opportunity to deliver the most valuable content to you.