Does your child tend to get overly stimulated or have anxiety when traveling or going to unfamiliar places?
If so, there is a solution. A Sensory Travel Kit can help engage, ease anxiety, and calm your child.
There are many kits on the market today to help with sensory overload, how do you know which one to get? What’s the best bang for your buck? What items are included? What are the benefits? Is it worth it?
These are common questions to think about and I’m here to provide you the answers. 🙂
My intention in writing this product review is to add value to your research efforts in finding the best sensory travel kit to fit your child’s needs.
Most importantly, provide you the information you need so you can make the most informed decision.
So without further ado, here’s what you need to know about one of the top sensory travel kits on the market today.
Product: Sensory Travel Kit
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Choose from 2 Travel Kits:
#1. My Travel Kit (ages 3 years +)
#2. Teen-Adult Travel Kit (ages 3 years +)
Sensory Travel Kit Benefits
Why should you even think of purchasing a ‘Sensory Travel Kit’?
Here are four essential reasons how this kit can benefit your child:
#1. First and foremost, what I absolutely love about these type of kits are the calming tools that are included to help soothe your child should they experience sensory overload in an unfamiliar environment such as sports stadiums, hospitals, shopping malls, airports, bus stations, or places close to home that may be crowded or places you usually don’t go to.
#2. Second, it’s a great travel tool to help your child adjust to the changes in their surroundings.
#3. Third, it may help ease anxiety and mood swings.
‘My Travel Kit’ & ‘Teen-Adult Travel Kit’ Product Descriptions
Here is a breakdown of the two ‘Sensory Travel Kit’s’ available and what is included in each:
#1. My Travel Kit:
- Recommended for ages 3 and up
- Lightweight tote bag which includes your sensory tools
- Medium weighted lap pad (5 lbs.) for children weighing 50 pounds or more
- Noice-reduction headphones
- Robot chewy
- Super calming fidget
- Recommended for ages 12 and up
- Lightweight tote bag which includes your sensory tools
- Large weighted lap pad (7.5 lbs.) for individuals weighing 75 pounds or more.
- Noise-reduction Headphones
- Stress-less fidget balls
- Fidget finger puzzle set
- Chess pencil toppers (set of 3)
What Items are Included in the Sensory Kits?
If you’re like me, you are probably wondering what type of sensory tools are in the kit and most importantly, how it will benefit your little one?
Here are some items included in the two sensory kits:
- Weighted lap pad is an incredible tool to help your child sit and focus. When sitting, the deep pressure is soothing and helps stabilize. You can place the pad across your lap while seated or on the floor for your child to sit or lay down on. Also, the pad is very easy to wipe down and sanitize which is a major plus in my book (ward off those germies)!
- Noise-reduction headphones are kid friendly headphones that are great to wear in noisy environments. They reduce noise and help maximize concentration. The headphones are very lightweight too which is another added bonus to your travel kit, woo hoo!
- Robot Chewy is a fun cool shaped textured robot that is great for oral motor exploration. If your child likes to chew or nibble, this robot is sure to keep them busy. You can use Chewy as a way to strengthen oral motor and facial muscles. It’s made of silicone with a nylon cord and is free of BPA, phthalates and latex. Feel free to pop Chewy on the top rack of your dishwasher to clean because it’s dishwasher safe.
- Super calming fidget is an engaging sensory tool that is made of shiny green and silver sequins which shimmer like fish scales. Your child can brush their hands across the sequins to watch the colors change which provides a soothing tactile feeling on their fingers.
- Stressless fidget balls are squishy multi-sensory balls that your child can enjoy squeezing. The balls are made of smooth stretchy material which can help improve fine motor skills such as hand control and strengthening the hand muscles. When you squeeze the green ball, a crunchy noise will be made. The blue ball makes no noise at all which is perfect to use during quiet situations.
- Fidget finger puzzle set will challenge your child’s fingers and brain! Each fidget is a cognitive game. Your child can have fun trying to figure out how to unlink the pieces, then put them back together again and do it all over again. These interlocking puzzle pieces help fine motor control, focus, and visual processing.
- Chess pencil toppers are textured toppers that have ridges for oral exploration, chewing or biting which are great to use during homework or if your child has anxiety during test taking. If you’re traveling, your child can have fun using the pencil toppers on top of their pencil while they draw or write.
If your child tends to get overly stimulated, this kit will help you on-the-go!
More importantly, sensory items can help soothe and calm your child.
As a proud Auntie to my nephew, Lenny, who has Cerebral Palsy, sensory items are very important to providing a calming environment for him as well as a nice distraction should he become overly stimulated. This is one of the reasons I was inspired to write this review because sensory tools help him so much.
In all, the ‘Sensory Travel Kit’ is one of the top kits on the market today. It’s hard to ignore the benefits and the number of high quality sensory tools you receive for the investment price (hence, my rating of 5 out of 5 stars).
Plus, the sensory items can be used for children with all abilities.
The tools will help keep your child engaged, while having fun, and allow them the opportunity to work on their gross motor functions.
I hope this post inspired your research efforts in finding a great sensory kit for your child.
If there are other sensory tools you would recommend, questions you may have, or anything you’d like to add that I did not cover in this post, please feel free to comment below.
If you found this information helpful, please share the love to help another parent and their child. ?
I really do strive to make the content I create as helpful as possible for you…as a fellow parent looking out for their most precious gift.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend items I truly believe in based upon in-depth research, reviews, and/or personal experience. Thank you for your incredible support and allowing me the opportunity to deliver the most valuable content to you! #grateful